Intel just released a brand new application that has many capabilities, just like an ecosystem, called the Intel Unison app. The application solves a very common issue that specific people in a smartphone ecosystem have issues with. If you would like to know more o the app, keep reading.
What is Intel Unison?
This is a new application by Intel (it’s even the name) that allows you to seamlessly connect, gain access and use your phone on your windows laptop with Intel processors. Not only that, but you can also transfer files wirelessly between your phone and your PC. When I say “Phone” in this context, I don’t mean Android only. This is not what you expected because it is also available on iOS devices too. You can call this a universal ecosystem by Intel.
How to Install & Setup Intel Unison
Unlike other ecosystems, you can not connect or link your devices just by signing in. This one needs an app and you also need to make sure that you have met all requirements. Before we talk about the requirements, let us first discuss the various ways in which you can install the app and then setup the feature acts your devices.
Like I said before, the features are not just limited to your Android devices, but it is also available to your devices too. So, without delay, let’s get into it.
- Install the Intel Unison PC all on any of your intel laptops..
- Install the Intel Unison app on Google Play Store or App Store.
- Launch the application, you will see a 5 slides sideshow briefing you on the app.
- Click on Accept & Continue.
- The app will ask you to allow sharing crash data and statistics or not allow it. You can do this by clicking Allow or Don’t Allow. Since this is just the first release of the app, it is prone to some bugs and crashes.
- Click on let’s Go. Then give the application for permission to gain access to your contacts, storage, and text messages.
From here, there are two ways you can go about liking your devices. You can use barcode verification or text code verification.
- For the barcode verification, you must scan the barcode that appears on the screen of your PC through the Intel Unison app on your mobile device. Then follow the instructions.
- For the text code, all you have to do is. On the Unison app on your PC, select use text code instead and it will switch to text code. This will generate 8 texts that you will have to input on into the Unison app on your mobile device.
Cool Feature of the Intel Unison App
In the introduction paragraph, I mentioned that the Unison app has a lot of capabilities. Abilities that one might say should only be available to devices in the same ecosystem. But Intel doesn’t care. They made it available to every device. Here are three cool features.
1. Wireless transfer of files and AirDrop
AirDrop!?, You must be thinking to yourself, how is that possible? Will that be the main reason why I have been saying that it has the ability of devices in the same ecosystem? You can seamlessly transfer files across connected devices wirelessly to Androids using nearby share and to devices using AirDrop. They do not limit the files which can be transferred like others. You can share pictures, videos, files, and do many more across your devices.
2. Picture and Video sync from Mobile device to PC
You know how with a Samsung phone and a Samsung laptop, you can view the gallery from your phone on your laptop. This is just like it. Using the Unison app, you can view pictures and videos. This is better than the Microsoft phone link because they sec both photos and videos to only photos.
3. You can get your phone notifications Through your Laptop
This is a feature that allows you to view your messages and notifications directly from your laptop. This is very good if you left your phone somewhere and don’t want to get it.
4. Call, Message, And iMessage From Your PC
Just like other devices with their ecosystem connectivity, this one too allows you to sync contacts, call, and messages to your laptop. So, if you have a laptop, you can iMessage someone. if you have an android, you can use the google rich texting feature.
You can also use the notifications to reply. It could be WhatsApp, SMS, iMessage, Instagram, you name it. Also, not only texting, you can also call your contacts and receive calls from your laptop from both your android and iPhone.
Requirements for the Intel Unison app
Every application has a requirement even the smallest apps that don’t use plenty of processing power. The requirements are not big requirements that will make you change your laptop. However, here are the requirements.
1. PC requirements
- Requires Windows Laptops to be updated to windows 11 version 22621.0 or higher, not lower than that.
- Requires PCs to have x64 bits processors.
2. Mobile Requirements
- Requires Android version 9.0 or higher for Androids.
- Requires iOS 15.0 or higher for iPhones. Requires iPad OS 15.0 or higher for iPads.
- Requires iOS 15.0 or higher for the iPod touch.
In conclusion, Intel Unison is a new application that allows for seamless connectivity between your smartphone and Windows laptop with Intel processors. Lastly, Intel Unison seems to be a very useful and convenient application for those who frequently use both their smartphones and laptop. So, let us know your thoughts on this new app and how it could benefit you in your daily routine.
Also, check out:
- Slack Workspace 101: Signing Up and Logging In
- Upgrade Your VPN Experience: The Hola Web Browser
- A Deep Dive into Every OpenAI: From Language Understanding to Meta-Learning