Do you have private files that you need to keep safe? If so, then you need to set up My Lockbox. In this article, we will show you how to set up My Lockbox and how to use it to protect your files.
What Is My Lockbox?
My Lockbox is a software application that allows you to hide and lock your sensitive files on your PC. Anyone can use this application because it is so straightforward and user-friendly.
How To Install The My Lockbox Software On Your PC
The My Lockbox Software is easy to install. To install the My Lockbox software, follow these simple steps:
- Go to My Lockbox download page, then select My Lockbox to download it to your PC.
- On your downloads, install the `mylockbox_setup` setup.
- Select your language, then click OK.
- Accept the terms by selecting I accept the agreement, then click Next.
- Select My Lockbox Destination, then click Next.
- Click Next (if you don’t want a Start Menu folder, select Don’t create a Start Menu folder).
- Click Install.
- To integrate with Windows Explorer content menu, select the Add “Protect with My Lockbox” to Windows Explorer context menu.
- Click Finish.
How To Set Up My Lockbox Software On Your PC To Hide And Lock Files
After you have successfully installed the My Lockbox software, you need to go through these simple steps in order to lock a file of your choice. Here are the simple steps below:
- Open the My Lockbox software.
- Enter a password.
- Enter a confirmation password.
- Enter a hint (a password reminder).
- Enter an email address.
- Click OK.
There will be a prompt that reads: “The password has been successfully changed!”. After that, you should be able to lock any file you want.
- Click the Browse button.
- Select the file you want to lock.
- Click OK.
How To Access Locked Files On My Lockbox On Your PC
Once you have successfully locked a file using My Lockbox, you need to know how to access that folder. The file that you selected to be locked will be hidden and cannot be accessed by anyone. It will not even be available if you show Hidden Items. However, you as the administrator of the PC and My Lockbox administrator can access the locked file. To access the locked folder, follow these simple instructions:
- Press the shortcut `Ctrl+Shift+U`.
- Enter your password.
- Click OK.
By following the steps above, the locked file will be unlocked. This will make the file open up for you to access it. Also, the folder will be visible to other users on the desktop. So, after you are done using the content of the file, you will probably want to lock the file again. All you need to do to lock the file is:
- Press `Ctrl+Shift+L` to lock the file.
By pressing this shortcut, the folder will automatically close and remain hidden.
Conclusion On My Lockbox Set Up
We hope this article has been helpful. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can help to keep your private files safe and secure. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Also, Check Out: